Delicious Fall Menu Offerings at South Beach Grill
As summer fades, the temperate drops and the leaves start changing, there is always a bittersweet feeling here in Wrightsville Beach. However, fall is an amazing time and we always look toward the bounty of the autumn harvest so we can showcase a new season of flavor at South Beach Grill.
New ingredients and techniques.
While we miss the hustle and bustle of summer, this is a time when our chef feels the most creative, as we now have time and many new seasonal ingredients to play with. These new ingredients celebrate everything we love about autumn, from savory soups perfect for that first chill in the air to delicious seafood that are freshest only during the fall, to colorful root veggies to complement those comfort foods that remind us of home.
In addition to in season and fresh ingredients, we are also returning to other cooling techniques traditionally done in the fall such as:
- And crusting of only the freshest and in-season seafood.
And of course, these mouth-watering and substantial main courses will be paired with plentiful side dishes featuring local fall produce.
We are leaving behind summer’s lighter fare and returning to bone sticking, hearty, and fully satisfying dishes to gratify all those fall, comfort food cravings. Some features that can be found on our menu this fall include:
- Crab Stuffed Squash- Local lump crab, apple fennel slaw, chili oil, arugula, a spicy Texas Pete beurre blanc all stuffed inside a succulent fall squash.
- Tuna Tartare- Fresh Yellowfin tuna, topped with local watermelon, green tomato salsa verde, toasted honey vinaigrette, charred chili ginger broth, and shiso.
- Autumn Squash Frites- Yellow and zucchini squash lightly fried and complemented with cotija cheese, chili oil, fire-charred pepper, and herb buttermilk dressing.
- Low Country Caprese- Locally grown fried green tomatoes, grilled Halloumi cheese, blue basil, orange blossom balsamic reduction, and olive oil.
- Long story short ribs- Painfully slow braised Beef short ribs, sweet onion soubise, pickled mustard seed, baby carrots, green peas, and oven-roasted potatoes.
- Vegetarian plate- Herbed orzo risotto, grilled squash, and zucchini, charred summer sweet corn, smoked tomato butter.
Some fall favorites that will be on our dinner menu all season long include:
- Sweet Potato Crusted Flounder- Fresh local flounder with spiced sweet potatoes and herbs pan sautéed with a Meyer lemon, thyme, and honey sauce.
- Eggplant and Shrimp Stack- Herb crusted eggplant layered with sautéed shrimp, tasso ham, and fire-roasted sweet Peruvian peppers in a light roasted garlic, boursin, and asiago sauce.
- Low Country Seafood Mac and Cheese- Shrimp and local backfin crab served with penne pasta tossed in a spicy Cajun cheese sauce.
- Catch of the day: No fall menu on the southern coast is complete with a catch of the day. While this may vary, know that it is always fresh, always local, always in season, and always delicious!
[Check out some of our seasonal features here.]
So, as we say goodbye to summer here on Wrightsville Beach, NC., we also say hello to a new season that offers a fresh perspective and many new positives; fall foods being just one of the many!
South Beach Grill has been proudly serving seasonal and southern-inspired local dishes since 1997 to locals and tourists. Whether it’s the heat of summer, or the dead of winter, our savory menu features something for everyone, and we will always have a table waiting for you!