South Beach Grill – The Best Restaurant in Wrightsville Beach
Get a taste of some delicious southern comfort at the South Beach Grill.
Located near the water and offering dock and dine opportunities, this Wrightsville Beach institution serves up locally sourced cuisine with a Southern twist.
Since 1997, the South Beach Grill has served our guests with tasty coastal eats, and unbeatable sunset views of Banks Channel. Known in the Wrightsville Beach community as a local hotspot, we offer the perfect place to bring your out of town guests for a glimpse into our beautiful beach life. The SBG crew serves up the perfect ingredients for a meal that our loyal patrons won’t soon forget.
Don’t miss our ever-changing chalkboard specials featuring fresh seasonal catches and creative cuisine served in a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere. You can enjoy a mouthwatering burger while sitting outside on our peaceful patio for lunch or experience the eclectic, handpicked dinner menu.
Start with a signature cocktail.
Start your meal with one of our many house-made beverages, with or without spirits! One guest favorite mocktail is the scratch-made cream soda complete with fresh vanilla bean and brown sugar. Some other South Beach Grill favorite drinks include:
- Arnold Palmer – made with fresh, lip-smacking lemonade and southern sweet tea.
- Prickly Pear Lemonade Spritzer – A refreshing drink created with tart pear lemonade and balanced with sweet lime soda.
- Moscow mules – made with locally sourced vodka and crisp ginger beer.
- Tequila sunrise – the perfect pairing with one of our amazing sunsets
- Bloody Mary – crafted with infused jalapeno vodka. Grab one on Sundays during our Bloody Mary and mimosa specials.
- We have a full wine bar and offer half-priced bottle specials, and plenty of craft drafts served with a cold frosted glass.
Tantalize your taste buds with a starter.
Much like our menu features, our appetizer menu showcases the locally sourced bounty of sea and land. These starter dishes are the perfect complement to any of our feature menu items. Some of the crowd favorites include:
- Crispy calamari – lightly fried and tossed with homemade southern pepper jelly, cucumbers, fresh cilantro, and red onions.
- Southern-fried pickles – dill pickle chips prepared with South Beach’s top-secret batter, lightly fried and served with ranch dipping sauce.
- South Beach “Sea-cuterie” – the chef’s selection of chilled local seafood, artisan cheese, candied pecans, granny smith apples, house-cured pickles, and southern sweet pepper jelly.
- Crab and Seafood Nachos for Two – a creamy crabmeat, shrimp, and fresh seafood salsa over fresh fried flour tortillas, tomatoes, green onions, jalapenos, sour cream, with jack and cheddar cheeses.
Dive into a big lunch after a day on the beach.
Our lunch menu is unique, but vast complete with small plates, salads, and lunch specials designed to appeal to big appetites.
For lunch, feast a freshly made wrap or sandwich, like the Azalea garden wrap or the crabmelt sandwich. Or munch on a hearty shrimp Po’boy, shrimp tacos, or some decadent shrimp and crab mac and cheese. If those don’t pique your interest some other patron picks include:
- Mason Burger – pimento cheese, bacon jam, pickles, spiced comeback sauce all piled up high on a locally sourced beef patty.
- Bless Your Heart Salad – the name alone makes it worth ordering. This delicious salad is comprised of hearts of romaine, roasted purple beets, feta crumbles, sweet Peruvian peppers, and creamy avocado vinaigrette.
- Catfish platter – made with local farm-raised catfish.
Make it a night out with dinner.
For dinner, check out our chalkboard specials, which boast only the freshest seafood available, like Atlantic grouper or fresh flounder. Or dig into one of our rotating entrees, like seafood lasagna, Filet Mignon, or the Carolina BBQ platter.
Always satisfying, complete with fresh ocean breezes and exceptional views, we offer a coastal jamboree of delicious eating. Some other dinner offerings perfect for date night, or large family gathering include:
- Sea Scallop Maison-boro – jumbo Atlantic sea scallops, pan-seared, sweet summer corn broth, green peas, arugula, pecan gremolata, and linguini pasta.
- Sweet Potato Crusted Flounder – Fresh local flounder served with spiced sweet potatoes and herbs pan sautéed with a Meyer lemon, thyme, and honey sauce
- Eggplant and Shrimp Stack – herb crusted eggplant layered with sautéed shrimp, Tasso ham, and fire-roasted sweet Peruvian peppers in a light roasted garlic, Boursin and asiago sauce.
Be sure to end the night with one of our unique and fresh desserts; we have many choices that are the perfect end to the perfect meal.
South Beach Grill has been proudly serving southern-inspired local dishes for almost 20 years to locals and tourists. Our savory surf and turf menu features something for everyone, and don’t forget that dogs are always welcome on our outdoor patio and we offer specials for all of our Veterans!